10 Probing Questions
Yet another meme is floating about, and breakfast at war got tagged by Grimnir. Seeing that I don’t have eggs yet to do my omelette post, I might as well do this for the time being.
1. What is your current main character’s name (or names, if you play multiple games)? Explain how you chose the name.
You would like to know, would you? She’s named after one of my favorite drinks. Have fun guessing.
2. What was the name of your very first character in an MMO? Explain how you chose that name.
My first character was named Roxindrith back in FFXI. It was the name of a character I created for a short story I wrote back in high school, so I just carried it into the MMO due to lack of ideas.
3. Have you kept a specific name through various games, or do you tend to change your naming habits based on the individual game?
My usernames are pretty consistent, but the character names really aren’t. The only name that is consistent is Maurynna, a name I give to any ranger type character I make. It’s a homage to my epic Ranger I had in D&D for a while.
4. Do you ever reserve names, planning to use them for characters that you might play later? If so, what are they and why do you hold on them?
Only time I held a name like that was back in WoW before Burning Crusade, and that was Illumanati. Sadly, the correct spelling was taken.
5. Of the three common archetypes in MMOs — tank, healer, DPS — which is your current main character?
6. What archetype was your very first character in an MMO? Why did you choose it?
Melee DPS. If you read my post on tanking woes, I explain that I’ve always had an affinity towards rogue characters.
7. Are you usually attracted to one archetype over another, or do you play them equally? Why?
I’m attracted to bad ass-ness. I’m usually sold if the concept art is awesome. Though it truly depends on my mood, but I have to say that WAR is the only MMO where I feel pretty passionate about tanking.
8. What is your favorite feature from an MMO you no longer play?
Arenas in WoW. No, I didn’t like the way loot was distributed. Yes, I loved kicking ass.
9. Is there an MMO that you would play if it was free? Which and why?
Not really. Most free MMOs are pretty out of whack and not something I would want to spend a lot of devoted time to.
10. How do you measure the success of a character in an MMO (total kills, titles accumulated, wealth, rare items collected, level reached, etc.)?
By the amount of people who run in the opposite direction of me when I show up.
And you’re suppose to tag people so they can do it, blah blah blah. You know what? Screw that noise. That’s retarded. Awesome way to single people out. If you want to do this, then slap it on your blog. Everyone’s it now.